Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lazy Post

Hi again! Since blogging is just public journaling, how bout I just start copying and pasting the parts of my private journal that I don't mind making public? I'm not sure why I feel the need to keep trying to redeem this blog, but I do. Blogging might come back one day, and when it does, I don't want to be too rusty! That's not really the reason, I don't know why I said that. But anyway, here's from my journal today:


Anyway. Life. Am I right? So many things. So many highs and lows. I'm not going to attempt to cover them all. I was just rereading some old stuff, all my various word documents with lists of goals to accomplish and things to do, and all the different projects I've started with the intent to make myself into a better person. It was frankly exhausting reading all of them. I'm very much feeling the need to simplify. Which is weird, cause on a normal day, I feel like my life is still pretty simple, and not near as busy as most people's lives seem to be. I still only work part-time, and Carol is still basically the only friend I ever hang out with, and I haven't had a calling for a long time, and we don't have kids, etc. But I still feel so crowded and overwhelmed. I think it may just be the weight of all the things I know I should be doing, or want to be doing, but aren't. All the things I've intended to do over the years but have never finished or succeeded at. I really wish I could find a way to break that pattern. I love making goals and resolutions, and lists and plans to accomplish those things, but in the back of my mind there's always this hopelessness. Cause I know from previous experience, i.e. my whole life, that I won't succeed at most of them. Despite my best intentions, I'll continue being the same person I've pretty much always been. And that's very depressing. I feel like the goals JJ and I make as a couple always follow the same pattern, too.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop making goals. Cause just the act of making them is fun for me, maybe even therapeutic. And who knows, maybe this year I'll actually succeed at a few of them. Who knows! It's hard to resist feeling inspired by the dawning of a new year. Even though, deep down, you know it's the same old life with the same old patterns and problems, and 365 days is just some arbitrary system of keeping track of time so January 1st doesn't really mean anything – that idea of a blank slate is just so irresistible. 


 Sorry if that's depressing, but those are my thoughts and from here on out I refuse to apologize for them! Cause one of my resolutions this (and every) year is to be more genuine.

And here's a picture of Meatball tucked into bed like a human. (Notice he's sleeping on Daddy's pillow, and not the mini Meatball-sized pillow next to him that I made for him out of our old sheets. Also he's wearing pajamas).

 



 








Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment